Creative Journaling Club
Weekly Journaling Club every Thursday - Winter 2024
This January I am delighted to be offering a brand new course in Creative Journaling aimed at students age 10+
The purpose of the course is to give students an opportunity to develop the habit of journaling in a supportive and creative space.
I am aware that many children and teens are experiencing anxiety and as someone who has suffered from the condition since childhood I keen to share the tools that help me clear my mind of clutter and make space for my creativity.
Extraordinary things can happen when we journal regularly.
Journaling can help us:
- Become our own best friend. It will never tell you to shut up. It will never judge you.
- Discover who we are
- Figure out how we feel in safe space (where no one clicks ‘like' or makes comments)
- Focus on dreams and goals
- Make decisions
- Reduce fear of writing – there is no need to worry about spellings or neat handwriting
- Increase creativity and fluency
Journaling can be a wonderful way to lessen anxiety and help get things in perspective – especially in the middle of the night when fears can be at their worst. Journaling can also increase confidence and fluency with writing.
The weekly creative journaling classes include the following:
- Breathing and meditation exercises
- Weekly check in - how often did you write your journal?
- Writing our feelings and thoughts
- Creating stories / poems / drawings about hopes and dreams
- Students are invited to share creative visions
Winter Term 2024
- The 9 week Winter Term begins Thursday 11th January and runs until the Easter Holidays
- There are no classes on 1st February (St.Brigit's Day) and 15th February (Mid Term)
- Maximum of 14 in a group.
- Times are based in Dublin, Ireland - IST (Irish Standard Time) .
Booking & Timetable
Weekly classes can book up quickly, and spaces are limited. If a class is full, you can add your name to the waiting list on the booking page. You will be contacted if a space becomes available.
Full Timetable all classesclick for timetable & booking
Time and Day
Thursdays 5.15 - 6.00pm
The nine week class term can be paid in two installments of €75. The first installment is due before the course begins (to secure the place).
- The second installment is due by Friday 9th February
- For those who pay for the full ten weeks in advance the price is €135. (€15 discount)
- Students from the same household may avail of the pay-in-full discount when paying in two instalments (Therefore they pay two instalments of €135 for their two children).