Journaling Workshops in Primary and Secondary Schools
Journaling Workshops to Support Mental Well Being
I am offering Workshops on Journaling for Mental Well Being to fourth to sixth classes in primary schools, and all students in secondary schools.
This workshop is designed to support the Well Being and SPHE programmes.
Benefits of Journaling
Journaling can be a wonderful way to lessen anxiety and help get things in perspective – especially in the middle of the night when fears can be at their worst. Journaling can also increase confidence and fluency with writing.
The Journaling Exercises I offer help to:
- Relieve our minds of repetitive anxious thoughts
- Figure out how we feel
- Become our own best friend
- Discover our dreams and goals
- Become more fluent writers (there is no need to worry about neat handwriting or spelling mistakes)
- Enhance creativity
It is a practical workshop with lots of writing time. Pupils are given exercises to vent their emotions in a healthy way, figure out what they are feeling and why, and write about visions they have for their life.
After the workshop I email a handout to the class teacher detailing all the of exercises so that pupils can practice them in future (and hopefully for the rest of their lives). I also gently suggest teachers give pupils time to write in their journals during class (if the timetable allows) and encourage them to write at home.
Workshop on Zoom or In Person
During this interactive workshop
- Students complete the journaling exercises at their desk.
- those, who wish to, can ask questions or read parts of their journaling aloud.
- After the workshop I email the exercises to the class teacher for future use.
- I am happy to meet with large groups of students (as long as they are comfortable and able to write)
Cost of Workshop
- The cost of a one hour interactive workshop on Zoom is €200. This include notes emailed to the teacher for future use.
IN PERSON WORKSHOPS
I am very happy to travel to schools to give In Person Workshops. Combined classes and large groups are welcome. The best value is several workshops on the same day.
- The cost of one In Person Workshop is €275 +travel
- The cost of two In Person Workshops is €450 +travel
- The cost of three In Person Workshops is €550 + travel
These prices includes a handout on the exercises for every student.
I am open to negotiating my rates and working with large groups bunched together. Please get in touch.
Megan's vibrant energy and interactive style engaged the pupils at a very high level. I would highly recommend this workshop to anyone looking to introduce journalling to the class. Megan has a wealth of experience in journalling and writing and presents ideas in a very accessible way as a means of dealing with the highs and lows of life. The participants wanted to continue with the journalling experience after Megan left and I've no doubt that she has ignited a spark of passion for writing for the children in the class.
Miriam McTiernan-Koelstra Saint Catherine's Primary School, Rush, County DublinI highly recommend Megan Wynne workshop on Journaling. She had a lively group of students in the palm of her hands! They were enthralled by meeting this open and honest artist, who was speaking to them so truthfully about their own personal experiences. Bringing artists into the classroom can often be liberating and inspiring for students, as was the case with Megan. She very quickly built positive relationships with the students. However, Megan also has the added benefit of having previously worked as a secondary school teacher. Her teacher training is evident in her confidence and classroom management skills. It is also evident from the structure of her workshop, it builds beautifully, is scaffolded and the timings of the exercises are perfect to keep the students fully engaged. This is a simple, practical tool that is explained clearly with defined achievable goals. It was a very motivating workshop for both the students and myself!