Online Creative Writing Courses
Online Creative Writing Courses for Children & Teenagers via Zoom
This winter I am offering online creative writing courses to children aged 8+ and teenagers aged 13+.
My online creative writing courses are ideal for students who love reading and talking about stories! And they want to learn how to write them!
I teach students from all over Ireland, Germany, France, the U.K. and the United States!
In Venue face-to-face courses will be coming also. Please let me know if you're interested in Face-to-face workshops (and where you are located). You can express your interest in Face-to- Face courses here email@example.com
Feedback on writing
These online creative writing courses are for small groups of children (max 12). The same children will attend every week for a full term. Each class lasts for 60 minutes.
- Class will be made up of presentation of new material, group discussion, writing time and feedback on writing.
- Children will spend time writing individually or in small groups in break out rooms.
- They will be given the option to read their work aloud during class time and receive feedback.
- Students who are not comfortable reading their work aloud to the group may read it aloud to me in a breakout room, if they wish.
- All feedback will be constructive and encouraging.
- Students will also be encouraged to give positive feedback on one another’s writing.
- Twice during the eleven week term, students will be invited to email me 500 words of their work for written feedback.
- Courses take place on the video conferencing platform Zoom. Students will need a smart phone, table, or laptop and good broadband to participate.
Winter Term 2023
The 11 week Autumn Term begins Monday 9th January and runs until Thursday 30th March.
- There are no classes on Monday 6th February (St. Brigid’s Day), Wednesday 15th Feb & Thursday 16th February (Mid Term)
Children’s Courses are suitable for 8+ year olds (attending primary school).
Teenage Course is suitable for 13+ year olds (attending secondary school).
TIME TABLE FOR ONLINE CLASSES:
Mondays 4.45p.m - 5.45pm
Wednesdays 3.30 - 4.30pm
Thursdays 4.45p.m - 5.45pm
Wednesdays 4.45p.m - 5.45pm
Times are based in Dublin, Ireland - IST (Irish Standard Time) .
The eleven week class term can be paid in two installments of €110. The first installment is due before the course begins (to secure the place).
- The second installment is due by Friday 24th February
- For those who pay for the full eleven weeks in advance the price is €200. (€20 discount)
- Students from the same household may avail of the pay-in-full discount when paying in two instalments (Therefore they pay two instalments of €200 for their two children).
Booking & Timetable
2. Drop In Online Classes
These half hour classes give children and teenagers an opportunity to experience creative writing courses, without having to sign up for a full term. Students may drop in as they wish.
- Classes take place every Friday afternoon at 5p.m. and begin on 18th September.
- These sessions are suitable for children / teenagers aged 9 -14 years. Older students are also welcome to attend.
Every Monday evening the topic for Friday’s class will be announced on FaceBook Live stream.
A class costs €7.50 and lasts for thirty-five minutes.
- The class is live with Megan and students will be able to interact with her on the chat facility on Zoom, however there will be no feedback on students' individual writing.